Everything is a Remix Remastered
This is a classic that continues to influence myself and many others on creativity, originality, and copyright. I watched this 10 years ago and it has always stuck with me. I highly recommend this brilliant and educational 30-minute video. They recently released an update on memes & genres here.
Get Off The Treadmill And Onto The Trail
It's meaningless to just run along endlessly on someone else's treadmill. Start defining your own trail - your own concept of fulfillment, success and happiness.
Questions to ask yourself as the year winds down:
- What is something that would give me energy and meaning?
- What is something I am passionate about that I am not engaging in today?
- Looking back on this moment five years from now, what is something my future self would wish I had started to do today?
- What do I wish I had started years ago?
"I just learned I only have months to live. This is what I want to say"
A beautiful, moving story about life from the lens of a Boston Globe reporter. “I’m not sure what awaits me when I get home, but this has certainly been an exciting experience. … I just wish I could stay a little longer.” Read this, then hold your loved ones tight.
I Have A Few Questions
Thoughtful questions for everyone to ask themselves. Some picks:
- Which of my current views would change if my incentives were different?
- What looks unsustainable but is actually a new trend we haven’t accepted yet?
- What are we ignoring today that will seem shockingly obvious in a year?