Save Vietnam’s Wildife wish you a wonderful New Year. With your care and support, we were able to have many achievements in 2018. Together we:
• Rescued 430 animals from the illegal wildlife trade, including 336 pangolins.
• Released 224 individuals (198 pangolins) back into the wild while 114 are currently in our care waiting to be released.
• Monitored 10 released Sunda Pangolins and gained insights into their home ranges and survival rates.
• In collaboration with Leibniz-IZW, established the status of the mammal community in our release site in Pu Mat using camera-traps.
• Reduced the nature deficit in Vietnamese children by providing wildlife education trips to 2834 kids and 382 teachers from local schools.
• Surveyed 1718 households and 340 community gate keepers from 16 communes around Pu Mat National Park on their natural resource use and illegal hunting.
• Raising awareness for 704 poachers, traders and local communities gate keepers through 5 workshops.
• Completed three workshops focusing on inter-agency collaboration on illegal wildlife trade in Pu Mat National Park; over 200 government officials attended.
• Established our own enforcement unit in Pu Mat National Park. The Anti-poaching unit has destroyed 2925 animal traps and 265 illegal camps, arrested 82 poachers and confiscated 17 guns in the first six months. In only
• Provided technical input for wildlife law and the pangolin national action plan.
This is only a snapshot of the achievements we have made together. More detail will be included in our upcoming annual report.