It’s that time again where one reflects on all the accomplishments, struggles, and events that occurred throughout the year. I do this both personally and professionally. I can say with extreme confidence that SIL was able to survive another year navigating the pandemic and gained strength and innovation with service delivery and community engagement. Staff were forced to get creative while maintaining flexibility – and everyone was successful!
Additional successes for SIL in 2022 were:
- Proudly receiving another 3-year CARF accreditation
- Acquiring state-wide coverage contract for the PCA Program with OOD
- Successfully having 9 participants in the new Young Adult Council (YAC) project funded by DD council
- Had a 93% satisfaction rating amongst surveyed consumers
- Assisted 246 people with completing a long-term care assessment
This is just a small amount of the amazing things SIL accomplished this past year!
The beginning of a new year is also a time that I like to think about “how can (fill in the blank) be better than the year before?” I am beyond excited to see how SIL grows and does programming, community education, advocacy, and service delivery better in 2023. The SIL team plans to begin the new year strong!
I personally want to wish every reader a happy, healthy, and safe conclusion to 2022 and an exciting, goal-creating, dream-chasing beginning to 2023. Life is too short to not enjoy it.
Together we can make it another great year and remember WE ARE IN IT WITH YOU!