He is who He says He is
"What food do you have?" Jesus asked his friends. "Go and see, bring me what you have." A little boy overheard Jesus and gave Him his little lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fish. Jesus winked at the little boy and whispered in his ear, "Watch!"
"How in the world will Jesus feed everyone with just that?!" Jesus' friends said, because they thought it was impossible.
But Jesus knew the One who made all the fish in the oceans. And Jesus knew the One who in the very beginning had made everything out of nothing at all. How hard would something like this be for Someone like that?
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
I have been pondering this story all morning. I love how "not having enough" doesn't even phase Jesus. He literally *winks* at this problem of lack. What an example He is to the little boy and to His disciples, His friends. As we continue to serve all of these children and each other. Let us remember that we are not operating out of lack because WE know the One who made all the fish in the ocean. WE know the One who made everything out of nothing. He is who He says He is. We know Him and He knows us. Whether we feel a lack of volunteers, energy, emotional resources, whatever it is. Let us run to Jesus and feel His arm around our shoulder. Let us listen and wait for Him to wink and say, "Watch!"...
Notes for this Sunday and the upcoming weeks!
- Thank you all SO MUCH for coming to the training last Sunday! I will keep you informed as we roll out all the new exciting changes!
- We have new volunteers joining us!! Welcome friends and THANK YOU!!
- This week in Sunday School we begin the new Spring quarter of the "Show me Jesus" curriculum. I have sent out links to the curriculum but let me know if any of you need anything else. It starts with Lesson 1
- Childrens Church is on Lesson 8-3 "Joshua challenged the people" in both classes.
- Doug and Jenni are in Children's Church and Brandon and Caitlin in Preschool Children's Church
- March 22nd we are hosting a "Date Night" at TBC. More info on that to come!
- We are having an "EGGSTRAVAGANZA" on Saturday, April 8th!! More on that soon but it will be a BLAST!
- I will NOT be here this Sunday the 5th. I am going out of town with Steve Rhom to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary! I will be out of the office starting on Thursday March 2nd. You are free to reach me through text or call if needed #918-899-0962
Thank you all for how you serve. Thank you for how you love these kids. Thanks you!