My education company Path Unbound has many new updates! In March, we launched the following:
1. A free portfolio evaluation service for prospective students who want to get preliminary feedback on their existing portfolios. We have seen a steady stream of evaluation submissions but need to ramp up on promotion to generate more interests.
2. A 50% scholarship for students who self-identify as People of Color, LGBTQAIA+, current college and high school students and those who make less than $70k per year. We have received several submissions from students with very interesting backgrounds.
3. We are going into Week 5 of Portfolio School pilot with our first cohort students of 10. Several of them have wowed me with amazing progress and transformation compared to where their portfolios were just a few weeks ago. I am very excited to see the results by the end of Week 6, when we will wrap up the pilot program and start showcasing real student work on the website to attract more students.
4. We have recruited a group of 10 focus group participants to help us understand what the market really needs from design schools. This will be my first time conducting a formal focus group. I am excited to find out what students really need so Path Unbound can build better programs to serve them.
5. We are now officially listed on Course Report and SwitchUp, two of the biggest online design/coding school ranking websites. Check them out and give us a review if you are a current student!
6. I have completed the first podcast interview with a student organization called Design Student Organization (DSO) at McEwan University in Canada. Although a small step, I will aim to establish more and more partnerships in upcoming weeks and months.
7. We now have 4 interns working part time for Path Unbound. Their bios are now listed on our About page. I cannot be more grateful for their amazing work.
8. We are starting to record podcast/YouTube interviews with outstanding industry professionals who are handpicked by us. We have ~5 guests confirmed and looking for many more. If you know of anyone who may be a good fit, please recommend them to me!
9. We have launched a new blog, where we publish design related articles that are not cliche. We will aim to guest blog and partner with other blogs next. Give us a follow!
10. We have launched a brand ambassador program, where we award 10% of tuition for any successful referral. Please take advantage of this opportunity and spread the word if you know of anyone who may benefit from our programs. Reach out to me directly if you want to become a brand ambassador.