Since 2007, SOSAD has worked to raise awareness and help prevent suicide in Ireland. We have worked tirelessly in our communities to help those in need feel supported and know they are not alone on their journey. SOSAD offer support and services for people who are struggling with suicidal ideation, self harming, depression, bereavement, stress and anxiety, or if you simply need to talk.
If you want to talk, we are here to listen. You can message us, call us, or call into our office.
In 2020 across our services:
- We increased our intake by 80% on 2019 figures
- From which 43% were suicidal, self harming or had suicidal ideation
- 32% were suffering with depression/low mood
- 31% of clients presented with anxiety as their main issue
- 10% of clients were receiving support for bereavement by suicide