The TOP FIVE THINGS TO KNOW!
1. Get the latest updates on Covid-19 announcements for CRC -
With the new School year and Scouting Year, there have been some changes. Yes, You can Camp! - But you should be aware of risk mitigation strategies!
For more information: Covid-19 Council Update – Connecticut Rivers Council
2. Our next District meeting is Virtual! - September 8th - 7:00pm
We will be using the same Zoom link for our meetings. We are really looking to meet in person soon. The logistics and changing protocols are causing scheduling issues to get us all together. More news will follow on physical dates!
CLICK HERE FOR ZOOM LINK
3. 2021/22 LotR Programming! The Programming Committee has been hard at work
getting dates/tentative agendas lined up for our FULL 21/22 Scouting year. Klondike Derby, Cub Scout Safari, East of the River Camporee, and more are in store for your Troops/Packs in the up-coming months! You are planning your 2021/2022 calendar, don't forget to include District/Council events! Great way to get new ideas, from the Troops/Packs in your backyard!
4. District Recognition Dinner - October 9th - JN Webster Dining Hall - 7:00. We will be celebrating the efforts of our 2020 and 2021 Scouts and Scouters at a Recognition Banquet. LoTR Unit Leaders, Unit Awards, Alumni Legends will all be celebrated. Reminder: Submit your nominations to Scott and Jeff for 20201 consideration. A full dinner - $35.00 (?) and a full evening of celebrating our amazing volunteers!
5. Recruitment and Retention! Please attend one of the Council's meetings to find out and share the latest ideas on how to attract new Scouts! Folks are looking for a break from being stuck at home. And guess what? We have the answer for them. But you need to get to them!
You are not alone!
This LotR District leadership is here for you. If there are ANY questions or concerns, contact:
District Chair: Scott Garafano – firstname.lastname@example.org
District Commissioner: Jeff Myshrall – email@example.com
District Executive: Sean Fogle – firstname.lastname@example.org
September VIRTUAL Roundtable: Wednesday, September 8th – 7 p.m.
Why should you and your unit attend a LotR District Roundtable?
Roundtables meetings are created and presented by local leaders. Roundtable is by “us” for “us”! Roundtables provide unit leaders with the skills to do and the inspiration to ensure that every member of every unit has a great Scouting experience.
September Roundtable Agenda:
7pm – National/Council/District News – Updates on District/Council programming dates, new staff additions, popcorn news, registration and scoutbook topics
7:20 - Break
7:25 - Scout Breakout - "What to know to start a Girl's Troop" - Jackie Steele
7:25 - Cub Breakout - "EVERYONE Volunteers" - Josh Fowler
8:00 - Closing