DoggyWalker.com COVID-19 Operational Statement Updated
Dear DoggyWalker.com Client,
One week has passed since our last communication in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in our area. If you have not had the chance to read that message, we communicated everything that we are doing as a responsible, locally-owned business during this crisis. The situation seems to be changing on an hourly basis, and we are constantly monitoring it and trying to determine what is best for you and your pets, our employees, and DoggyWalker.com. We are currently still doing visits for some of you and it is our plan to continue to provide service until we are no longer able to do so.
In addition to the safety steps outlined in our email last week, we are adding some procedures that will be in effect until this situation gets better. We have notified our caregivers to implement these actions next week beginning Monday, March 23.
- We will no longer leave handwritten notes after visits; all notes will be sent electronically.
- The caregivers have been told to limit their interactions with your dog(s). That means no kisses and limited petting contact.
- Caregivers will be bringing their own leash if they have one. We will start providing leashes for those who do not have their own to use.
- We are asking both you and your caregiver to find ways to access your dog(s) so that we do not need to enter your home. If you haven’t already arranged this, and you are able to come up with a safe way to do it, please let us know of this new plan. This can be done through an email or by updating your LeashTime profile.
As we look to April, we are hopeful that we will still be able to walk your dog(s), though uncertainty remains. If we are able, we will continue as we have, unless we hear from you to make other arrangements. Please consider these following options for your continued support going forward.
- Continue to pay for your monthly contract on a month-to-month basis. Your caregiver will be compensated at his/her normal rate. You can always choose to change your status after April.
- Purchase a pack of visits. These visits have no expiration date and can be used at any time in the future.
- Purchase the equivalent value of a gift certificate. This amount will stay as a credit on your account until you start getting visits again.
- Purchase a half-priced monthly contract. There will not be any visits done under this plan, but it will provide some support for our company and our employees, who will be paid half of their normal rates for that month.
As you consider these options, please be assured that our purpose is to maintain support for our staff and the company to maintain its expenses. The company will not generate any profit during this time, and I will not personally benefit or be compensated for any support that you may choose to make. We are asking that you let us know by Friday, March 27 if you would like to make any changes to your schedules. This will allow us to match the demand for dog walking with the caregivers that are planning to work in April.
Lastly, we thank everyone who has offered support - both emotional and financial - to us during this difficult time! We really do appreciate the fact that you trust us to care for your pets, and that you care for us as people too!
We wish you and your families the best of health in this difficult time.
Thank you for your consideration.