We are an organisation Powered by volunteers. Keep up the great work. Please keep letting POW know what climate action you'd like to see in the outdoor community.
Big thanks to the following people who have been especially helpful lately:
- Angie Nelson for continuously making our membership cards
- Anna Collett for helping heaps with our social media
- Anna Smoothy for some excellent input into our mission and athlete alliance going forward
- Daniel Sweeny for helping out with our email and website logistics
- Gabby Degagne for creating some beautiful mountain artwork for us
- Jana McCall for helping out with our admin and grants
- Sophie Moy for working hard with our partners and Queenstown events
Volunteer opportunities and events coming up:
- Help out as the POW Treasurer (ongoing, about 1 hour/week)
- Help host a Hot Planet Cool Athletes presentation (July - Nov)
- Burton One World event in Auckland (July 8th) and Queenstown (July 9th)
- POW Movie night in Queenstown (late July)
- POW Movie night in Wanaka (August)
- Tree planting event in Canterbury (September)
- Ohakune event (some time in the winter)
- Share our campaigns on social media (always)
Other ways to help out.
We're on the look out for more POW alliance members. We're keen to chat to anyone who has a large influence in any outdoor sport (skiing, snowboarding, trail running, mountaineering, mountain biking, climbing, adventure racing etc etc), is passionate about protecting the places they love from the impacts of climate change and keen to use their platform to share POW's advocacy work. If you know of anyone who would be a good match please get in touch.
If anyone has any photos they can share with us we are always in need of more content. We're especially keen to get some photos of groups of climbers, hikers and mountain bikers. Send them our way if you've got any!
The team at POW