May's Mini Updates 🌷
1. I graduated Watson Institute's Semester Accelerator! 🥳 Love moment to the Watson Institute team and my Spring 2021 cohort for a transformative semester. 🤍
2. We had our demo day in Activate @ TKS! My project is Dyetricity: Treating Dye Wastewater With Microbrial Fuel Cells To Reduce Water Contamination From Dyeing Textiles. Love moment to Nadeem Nathoo, the TKS team, and all the activators who helped organize Demo Day. 🤍
3. Started my 8-week mentorship with Erin Beatty (Fashion Designer, Rentrayage + formerly Suno). Check out some takeaways I had from my first meeting with Erin. Thank you Brian Fernandes-Halloran, Halloran Philanthropies, and Watson Institute for making this possible. Lots of love to Erin for being a great mentor. 🤍
4. I'm officially an Ocean Wise Ocean Bridge ambassador. The 2021-2022 Ocean Bridge cohort kicked-off with our first national dialogue and regional meeting. Outside of Ocean Wise, my interest in sea kelp led me to attend Cascadia Seaweed's Seaweed Days festival. The Seaweed Revolution is here. Seaweed will help enable regenerative food sources, carbon sequestration, reduction of emissions from cattle farming, biofuels/bioplastic, ocean health (otter habitats), and more. A few notable companies in the space: Notpla, Sway, + Carbon Kapture.
5. Prioritizing mental wellbeing. I joined a lovely community called Chill Pill, a mental health platform in beta-testing. At the moment, we are logging positive coping skills to earn access to group calls. I've been practicing meditation every day as my coping skill.