UCF Mask Distribution, Sexual Harassment Memo, Grant Opportunity View in browser
NSCM eUpdate July 6, 2020
DID YOU KNOW

in order to pick up a UCF face covering from the university, a valid UCF ID card is required? Students, faculty, and staff all need to show their UCF ID to acquire a UCF mask.

Adjuncts won't be able to obtain a mask until their contracts have been signed. Click here for more information.

Additionally, should you find yourself in a bind and not have your ID on you, in addition to the university’s offering of face masks, the Nicholson School also has a limited stock of disposable face masks, hand sanitizer, and some disposable gloves. These are primarily for the staff and folks who may wander in without a mask, etc., but if you find yourself in need of any of these items, please contact:

Now you know!

Sexual Harassment Memo From Office of Research & Office of Institutional Equity

Please see the attached memo, being sent on behalf of Douglas Backman, Director of Research Compliance at the Office of Research, and Nancy Myers, Director of the Office of Institutional Equity.

Grant Opportunity

Here is a call for proposal from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation with rolling submission: Pioneering Ideas: Exploring the Future to Build a Culture of Health

It is focused on futuristic ideas – 5 to 15 years out –  in technology and data science (AI, AR, social media, future of work, food, etc. ) around health and health care 

Last year’s average grant size was 315K, but there is no set budget range.  You are encouraged to submit the amount of funding needed to complete the proposed project.  The length of the project is typically 1 to 3 years.

QEP Summer Updates

To read all the QEP summer updates from the QEP Director, Anna Jones, please click here.

The Knights of Distinction deadline for fall 2020 admissions is July 20.  Here is an updated informational flyer with the new phone and physical address (same old email), so please feel free to share it with your students. Here is the link to the application.

Please let them know, too, that they can reach out via email if they have any questions (KnightsofDistinction@ucf.edu). 

Governor Vetoed Complete Florida Plus Program / FLVC / FALSC

The Governor vetoed the entire Complete Florida Plus Program funding, which includes all funding for the Florida Academic Library Services Cooperative (FALSC). The Governor’s transmittal letter can be found here.

More information will be shared as it develops.

In the interim, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact NSCM’s Librarian, Richard Harrison.

COS Chairs and Directors Meeting Minutes - July 1, 2020

The minutes from the July 1, 2020 Chair/Director REGULAR meeting are now available. You can access these minutes via the Nicholson Resource web page, or by clicking here.

Congratulations Anna-Bradley

Please join the COS Advancement Team in celebrating our colleague, Dr. Anna-Bradley Schoenfeld, Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, who is assigned to support the Nicholson School with 20% of her time (while the other 80% is devoted the remainder of the College of Sciences) successfully defended her dissertation study on the inclusion of students with intellectual disabilities in higher education. During her defense, Anna-Bradley’s doctoral committee praised her thorough research methodology and sound conclusions. Anna-Bradley was undaunted by delivering her doctoral defense in the midst of a pandemic from her home office!  

Later this summer her doctoral degree will be conferred by the College of Community Innovation and Education In Higher Education and Public Policy. Please join COS in congratulating her on this outstanding accomplishment!

UCF Downtown Student Newsletter

To view the UCF Downtown student newsletter, click here. This newsletter goes out to students who have programs at the UCF Downtown campus by UCF Downtown Administration.

    In Case You Missed It

    The COS Dean, Dr. Tosha Dupras, sent a 'Welcome to COS' email to all NSCM staff and faculty. To view, please click here.

    Share any announcements and news to the eUpdate email
    Share any news, accomplishments or highlights to the Nicholson News email
    Send any website edit, inquiry or issue to the Nicholson Webmaster email
    Find what you need at NicholsonResource.com
    Nicholson School of Communication and Media

    12405 Aquarius Agora Drive, Orlando
    Florida 32816 United States

    You received this email because you are part of the Nicholson School of Communication and Media.

    Unsubscribe
    MailerLite