Okay! Made it to the end of the first run in the new format. Whew! As always, lots going on in my life:
- Work: Just wrapped first semester, and about to start second semester, a.k.a., Year Three of Teaching During COVID. :( I *LOVE* my students this year - the best group I've ever had. And I love my new school. But teachers around the world are burning out, and I'm getting close. I know I'll make it, but it's rough this year. If you have a teacher in your life, hug them (virtually, if necessary) and tell them how much you appreciate them, and that this too shall pass...some day...
- Home: The new deck is almost done - after 13 months! Mr. Author admits that doing it completely by himself may have made it take a smidge longer than anticipated - but we're in the final stretch now! Next up: Re-establishing my gutter garden, my deck SIP, and my flower planters!
- Writing: As mentioned above, I'm hard at work on the fourth Dead Series book. Without giving anything away - I honestly think this is the BEST one yet!! I can't wait to share it with you all - thankfully MUCH more quickly than the last one!
- Reading: Not as much as I'd like, sadly. But I did a LOT of my planning/prep for the rest of the year during first semester, so the next four and a half (but who's counting??) months should be a little...lighter? Fingers crossed, because my TBR pile keeps growing, even when I'm not actively reading!
- Watching: Now that I can exercise again, I'm spending an hour or more on the elliptical three days a week, plus another 30-45 minutes lifting weights and stretching afterwards. So I've been bingeing a lot of new shows. Current faves include:
- Dollface - They had me as soon as the bus door opened in episode 1!
- As We See It - OMG, what an amazing show!! Love that all the actors playing the three Autism Spectrum characters identify as on the spectrum themselves. And Sosie Bacon is fantastic!
- The Big Leap - Even got Mr. Author into this one, and he doesn't usually like weekly episodic shows.
So there's my life in a nutshell, minus the fact that my days are just so packed all the time that I never feel like I've done everything I set out to. Oh well - Spring Break is next month. Maybe I'll get caught up then??
As for the Super Secret Giveaway - our winner last time was Amber C. Congratulations!! For the SSG this time, hit reply and tell me if you love (or hate) Valentine's Day, and either way, how you celebrate. I'll be teaching all day, then walking my dogs while Mr. Author works on the deck. Plus, I don't eat much sugar, but I do like Russell Stover's new sugar free candies, especially the Toffees. Yum!!
Anyway, hit reply and you'll be entered in the SSG. I'll choose a random winner to receive a $5 Gift Card to Amazon (US*) from all entries received by Friday 2/11/2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
* If a non-US winner is chosen, I can still give you an Amazon US gift card, with a workaround for how to redeem it. Or I can offer a free ebook instead. Thanks for understanding!
Thanks for reading! Until the next Very Occasional Time...