I created a soup that included all the veggies that help destress you naturally from vitamins like folate and magnesium and are full of antioxidants to strengthen your immune system and mental health. Making this big batch of soup is also helpful to reduce stress because when you meal prep you feel prepared and it's easy to nourish your body. Watch the cooking video here.
Let me know what you think when you make it!
Destress Vegetable Soup
2 T avocado oil
2 cups leeks, thinly sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon ginger grated
2 large carrots, chopped large
4 cups wild mushrooms, destemed and sliced
2 bell peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 zucchini, deseeded and diced
7 stalks celery, chopped
1 bunch kale, chopped
3 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
6 cups broth
1 lemon, zested
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil over medium heat, add leeks and sauté until golden brown.
2. Add garlic, ginger, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, celery, zucchini and cook until slightly tender.
3. Add broth (better to add hot broth), kale and parsley.
4. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
5. Finish with lemon zest and serve.