The European Commission has declared technology as EU’s top priority for the next years. More particularly, one key objective is the mastery and ownership of key technologies in Europe.
With this objective in mind, the III edition of the ASSETs+ European Defence Challenge asks students to propose one or more work approaches dealing with security – threats identification and defence strategies. Threats in the areas of: defence industry, intellectual property theft, military equipment, auxiliary equipment, information flow, data protection, military operations, border surveillance and others, in the context of security and cybersecurity.
This Challenge represents a great opportunity for students to boost their careers and open new horizons.
Who can participate: All undergraduate or graduate students from all faculties in European Universities, vocational education and training centres and other institutions dedicated to education. It is strongly recommended to team up in pairs, finding a partner in a different university or country. Teams will get an additional point in the final score.
How to participate: Register on the ASSETs+ website, write a 1 page proposal (500-600 words) and submit it before midnight CET December 2, 2022 to: email@example.com
Benefits and Prizes
- Special awards for the best teams: One day visit of EU institutions and meetings with Defence stakeholders in Brussels; meeting with HR managers of ASSETs+ consortium partners and job interview; technology related gift and diploma.
- Participation in the EDC III seminars and webinars with industry
- Free access to the courses offered within the ASSETs+ project
- Public recognition on the ASSETs+ webpage and social networks
- Certificate of participation
- The 3 Finalist teams will be announced on our web & social media and will participate in the awards ceremony.
- Special mention to young participants (the best essay up to 20 years old).