These days it's hard to know what each day will bring. Wishing friends and family the best is an ingrained tradition, but since 2020 has been different from start to finish, shouldn't our holiday wishes be a little different, too?
I searched for some relevant messages for holiday cards. Not just inclusive greetings, but those that address what many of us are feeling. I found these suggestions at Paperless Post. What do you think?
New Year? Yes, Please!
This will be our year.
From our bubble to yours.
Wish we were Christmasing together.
You’re essential to me.
I’m dreaming of a better Christmas.
While I don't think we can pretend that this hasn't been a bitterly divisive and painful 2020, with far too many losses worldwide, perhaps in spite of that, we've learned a few things to carry into 2021.
- Good people we'll never meet are fighting to save our lives.
- Technology and creativity can bring us together.
- Old-fashioned skills like baking bread, feeding sourdough, and planting a garden are still rewarding.
- Family and friends are more important than we knew.
- Memories, like photos, are worth pulling out and reliving.
I've learned or re-learned how grateful I am for being allowed to tell you the stories that live in my head and heart. And I'm grateful for the many ways that you show gratitude and friendship, as well.
2021 will bring an exciting giveaway here, so join us again in January.
In the meantime, however you plan to celebrate, carefully with friends and family six feet apart and masked, or alone with memories, let me wish each of you a safe and blessed December.