HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Hiring Local Graduate Foreign Students - Update 1 (Replies)


Hi HR professionals,

I would like to check, the best practice for bringing local graduate foreign students on-board as Interns after they have completed their Advance Diploma course in Singapore. What type of work pass should I apply for them? What would be the recommended stipend allowance?

Thank you.




We apply using training work permit for such interns.




We are in the Food & Beverage industry and we bring in local studies foreign student whose study Diploma in Hospitality. We apply training pass for them thru MOM.

- Duration 6-mths

- No foreign worker levy

- 5% of total workforce to eligible for the number of headcount.




It would be either 'S' pass or EP.



Reply | Post | Community

Behavioural & Competency-Based Interviewing Skills Workshop 

- 28 & 29 November 2017 (4th Run) 

Hiring a misfit can be very expensive and detrimental to the organization. Instead of using gut feeling, a behavioural-based approach can minimize the risk of hiring the wrong person.

In this programme, participants will learn how to design behavioural-based questions to assess candidates effectively..

For details, please click on:


HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit

 HRSINGAPORE Community | This email was sent to | Unsubscribe | Forward this email to a friend

© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!

HRSINGAPORE PTE LTD | | | Tel: 6337-8016 | 89 Short Street #04-16 | Singapore 188216 | Co Reg. 200409860M