HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Sexual Harassment At Workplace - Update 1 (Replies)


Dear All,

Our female married employee receive explicit SMSes from her married superior dating her out, indicating to exclude her husband. How to deal with such an issue?

Pls advise. Thank you.




Workplace harassment can occur when one party at the workplace demonstrates behaviour that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to another party.

Examples of behaviour that may be harassment include: Threatening, abusive, or insulting language, comments or other non-verbal gestures like Cyber bullying, Sexual harassment and Stalking.




Does your company have a Code of Conduct? It would be good to develop one.

In a case like this, our Code of Conduct states that once verified and proven, the said superior will be terminated due to the severity of the offence. This case can be taken to court and if the company does not handle it well, might face a suit filed by the staff against the company for not protecting her.




In American firm, HR will issue a warning letter. We have a similar case but I just give him an email and he has put a stop to this. Otherwise I will issue a warning letter and speak to my bosses.

C Tan


Reply | Post | Community

Handling Grievances, Discipline and Termination Workshop
- 25 July 2017 (22nd Run) 

This workshop provides participants with a good knowledge of the legal requirements for grievance and disciplinary handling, establishes grievance and discipline procedures, conduct grievance and discipline meeting, identify and minimize grievances.

For details, please click on:


HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit

 HRSINGAPORE Community | This email was sent to | Unsubscribe | Forward this email to a friend

© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!

HRSINGAPORE PTE LTD | | | Tel: 6337-8016 | 89 Short Street #04-16 | Singapore 188216 | Co Reg. 200409860M