HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Freelance Payment - Update 1 (Replies)


Dear all,

We have this freelancer who was S pass holder before we engage her service, but she is now back to her home country and we engage her service. Are we allow to pay her service fee to her Singapore Bank account?

Hope to hear from all of you/

Thank you.




I believe, Yes, you can do that but the payments to Non Residents Professional are subject to Withholding tax.

When she pays the income tax in her own country on the income received form you then she can do the adjustment of withholding tax depends on the taxation policy between Singapore and the country she belongs to.

Please cross check with IRAS as they can give you confirmation on this.




Definitely can. As long as your company has a contract for service with her, there is no stopping how payment is made.



Reply | Post | Community

Competency-Based Performance Appraisal Workshop 

- 21 November 2017 (11th Run) 

Performance Management Process starts with setting SMARTER objectives that staff are committed to. With a competency-based approach enables more objective feedback and appraisal that would lead to greater staff engagement, motivation and performance. This creates a win-win outcome for staff, management and organisation.

For details, please click on:


HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit

 HRSINGAPORE Community | This email was sent to | Unsubscribe | Forward this email to a friend

© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!

HRSINGAPORE PTE LTD | | | Tel: 6337-8016 | 89 Short Street #04-16 | Singapore 188216 | Co Reg. 200409860M