HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Employment Practices- Update 1 (Replies)


Hi Fellow HR Practitioners,

I would appreciate your advice on whether the company has the right to determine the last date of travel to return to his home country, for a staff who was terminated from service.

Thank you.




For work permit holder, they are allowed maximum 7 days to repatriate to their hometown & as for S-Pass holder, it is 30 days. Meaning S-Pass holder can choose to remain in Spore till their max.
Usually company check the airfare to decide the date & time and communicate with employee to seek their understanding. There is a penalty for overstaying unless they are granted extension by Spore Immigration for certain reason.




Yes, and according to sufficient notice given according to contract. Otherwise you can pay in lieu.




For non-Malaysian, employer have to buy travel ticket for the worker to go home and departure date is within 1 week after employment ends. It stated in MOM website.

Kim Hou


Reply | Post | Community


HR for Non-HR Workshop

- 13 March 2018 (16th Run)

This workshop is designed to equip non-HR Managers, Executives and Supervisors with the necessary knowledge to perform their HR duties more effectively. Participants will be given an overview of the various HR functions and practices.

For details, please click on:


HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit

HRSINGAPORE Community | This email was sent to | Unsubscribe | Forward this email to a friend

© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!

HRSINGAPORE PTE LTD | | | Tel: 6337-8016 | 89 Short Street #04-16 | Singapore 188216 | Co Reg. 200409860M