HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Terms of Employment - Update 1 (Replies)


Dear HR Professionals,

I was wondering if it is legal to state in the employment contract for foreign employees (SPass and EP) to pay back the company for the Work Pass Application Fee etc if they have worked with the company for less than X number of months?

Thank you!




It would be against regulatory guidelines in accordance to the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act. The cost of hiring and termination of employment of foreign workers are legally the responsibilities of the employer.




Fees should not be paid by S Pass Holder. It should not be written in the contract.



Reply | Post | Community


Employment of Foreign Manpower Act  Seminar

- 20 April 2018 (13th Run)

In this program, participants will be able to understand the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act and its applications, list out the legal requirements for Work Pass, Work Permit, S Pass and Employment Pass and discuss about current legislation governing Family Pass and Dependent Pass

For details, please click on:


HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit

HRSINGAPORE Community | This email was sent to | Unsubscribe | Forward this email to a friend

© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!

HRSINGAPORE PTE LTD | | | Tel: 6337-8016 | 89 Short Street #04-16 | Singapore 188216 | Co Reg. 200409860M