HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions
Marriage Leave - Update 2 (Replies)
We would like to find out more about the norm for Marriage Leave in Singapore. If your company do offer Marriage Leave to employees;
1) How many days?
2) Do you verify against the Marriage Certificate?
3) Must the leaves be surrounding the Marriage Certificate date (if Company offer more than 1 day of Marriage Leave?
Appreciate if you could share.
3-Days Marriage Leave. Marriage Certificate Required. Staff can take it either on ROM or Ceremony
Confirmed employees will be granted paid marriage leave of 3 working days. Marriage leave will be granted only once in their employment with the company. Employees are required to submit Marriage Certificate as proof for such leave application. Marriage leave shall be taken within a year after ROM.
We offer 3 days marriage leave, applicable for 1st legal marriage.
The employee needs to submit his marriage certificate.
Marriage leave must be consumed continuously within 1 year from the rom date.
Marriage leave for 2 companies I know is 3 days, with Marriage certificate as proof. It is applied only for first marriage. It must be taken near wedding date.
My company has 3 days Marriage Leave for employees to apply, eligible only during their 1st year of marriage. So the ROM Marriage certificate is vital for this marriage leave application.
1) 3 working days for 1st legal marriage only.
3) Not necessarily as an employee might go through customary ceremony later. But cannot take same leave for solemnization and customary.
The confirmed employee will be granted with 2 consecutive working days of marriage leave for FIRST legal marriage only. Employee to submit an authenticated certificate or any other evidence of such marriage. The marriage leave shall be taken within 1 month from the date of solemnization of the marriage or at time of traditional marriage.
Granted 2 days, first legal marriage only. Need to verify against the Marriage Certificate.
Our company Marriage Leave read as follow:
2. If ROM date differs from marriage customary date, marriage leave will only be granted once.
3. A copy of marriage certificate to be submitted for verification/record purposes.
Certified Human Resource Administrator - CHRA®
- 4, 11, 25 October, 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 November 2017 - Wednesdays - 36th Intake - Confirmed!
This industry-oriented competency-based certification is the FIRST professional HR Certification Program launched in Singapore and it covers the main human resource functions and qualifies participants as a Certified Human Resource Administrator upon successful completion.
For details, please click on https://hrsingapore.org/chra/
HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit https://hrsingapore.org/
© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!